Based from the Truro head office, the successful individual’s will work across Cornwall carrying out services and breakdowns. We are looking for an engineer with an extensive variety of experience within the plumbing and heating industry. The candidate should be confident and take pride in their work.
Working as part of a very successful team we are looking to recruit an experienced Boiler Service & Breakdown Engineer who is ambitious and want to further progress within their career, (additional training will be provided). You must have the ability to act independently, prioritise work and make intelligent but pragmatic decisions.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £32,000.00 per year
Schedule: 8 hour shift
To provide assistance to an experienced plumbing and heating engineer. The aim is to learn and develop the skills needed to become a qualified heating and plumbing engineer.
The role will see you doing the following:
- Complete Landlord Gas Safety inspections and gas appliance servicing as per manufactures instruction at private and social housing properties
- Complete ground source and air source heat pump services and breakdowns
- Complete oil boiler services and breakdowns
- Carry out reactive maintenance on all types of boilers, heat pumps and heating systems (vented & un-vented)
- Strictly adhere to all Health & Safety procedures and all relevant industry standards (including basic risk assessments), whilst completing all work in line with manufactures recommendations and company procedures
- Responsible for managing company vehicle, including its cleanliness (inside and out) and van stock levels
Minimum experience of 3 years in domestic heating systems, fault finding and central heating controls with a proven track record and able to demonstrate a high level of customer service whilst treating customers properties with respect
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- Current gas qualifications (through an Accredited Certification Scheme), including, CCN1, CEN1,WAT1 or CENWAT, CKR1, CPA1, HTR1
- G3 Unvented Hot Water, Commission and Install (preferred)
- General IT skills, the candidate will be required to complete documentation related to work activities, which may include the use of an iPad
- Clean driving license
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 17/18th Edition or Part P electrical qualifications and will be a distinct advantage
- Solar Thermal
- Air to Water Heat Pumps
- OFTEC (OFT10-101, OFT10-105E and OFT10-600a)
In addition to the above, we provide a friendly and inclusive working environment where you will be listened to and recognised for your contribution. We take your development seriously and managers will have regular feedback conversations with you to help you grow and fulfil your potential. We promote diversity in employment and welcome applications from all sections of the community.